The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Seemingly only if one reads between the lines. I didn’t see boycott mentioned in Phil’s response, did I miss something?
I am inferring. I have heard it a few places so many felt that is what he was saying.. it will never happen.

I am inferring. I have heard it a few places so many felt that is what he was saying.. it will never happen.
Agree, rare that a player who is eligible for a major doesn’t play it. Something tells me Phil is smart enough to know that players won’t boycott major events to make a point.

im not sure if it fake news but saw something about LIV doing a stint at a chicago muni course , have to say i think that's a great idea , would love to see pro's at some of thr bad and beat up courses i play at times

I don't think having the finals at Bolingbrook was an "idea", it was a last resort, LIV got turned away everywhere else.

It is kind of cool to see them play a common man course, but it's not like Bethpage where the course is among the best in the world, it's not challenging, it's not interesting, it's not good, and I'm sure the LIV players are wondering WTF while they sit on their yachts.

No Asterisks

Been off the grid a few days but I wonder if the China Open backlash made them cave at the 11th hour.

Is Vallaha a ball striker course?

I don't think having the finals at Bolingbrook was an "idea", it was a last resort, LIV got turned away everywhere else.

It is kind of cool to see them play a common man course, but it's not like Bethpage where the course is among the best in the world, it's not challenging, it's not interesting, it's not good, and I'm sure the LIV players are wondering WTF while they sit on their yachts.
Yeah, this place looks terrible, and Arthur Hills sucks at designing courses.

1715181538386.png

LIV golf transfer portal is open for business, who gets traded?

They could've gone to Mar la go and sent a message to the PGA of America. 😂

Apparently getting to play in the Olympics is based on OWGR points. If so, some countries might not be fielding their best players.

These people need to meet, list their issues, negotiate, and find agreement. This is a mess and they should want to clean it up for the benefit of the game. We need people who want to solve problems, not the present peeps, who can't gat anything done and don't seem interested.

Apparently getting to play in the Olympics is based on OWGR points. If so, some countries might not be fielding their best players.
People qualify to compete in Olympics sports via a host of ways. OWGR has to be amongst the most suspects of ways.

Back