Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been around.

I wanted to jump on here a check with you all. I just got my MLM2 Pro about a week ago. I haven't been able to use the in house Simulator courses, so I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong? The App shows Practice, Combines, Courses, Range and Speed. When I select Courses there's nothing there to select except the Third Party Apps. Little help please?
Thanks!

James - Agent Jay
1000067135.jpg
1000067136.jpg

Should look like that progression left to right. Make sure you have the Rapsodo Apps Tab selected and just tap Courses.

1000067134.jpg

Edit: oh I suppose they're could be a subscription issue at play there too. If you don't have an active subscription I'm not sure the courses will show up.

Attachments

• 1000067136.jpg
    1000067136.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Looks like I may have missed a step. I've not seen it give me the "Loading Course Date" screen. I'll try that out and let you know. Thanks!

The weather has been more cooperative so I’ve been able to get out and hit more balls into the backyard next with the rapsodo.

To get the insights reporting for my session I’ve been using the practice setting instead of range. The big negative of the insights report is not being able to pretend that my swing isn’t horrible right now. Seriously having how bad I suck quantified is helpful. I’m seeing more good shots and understanding what numbers I see on good shots vs bad shots.

In practice mode with the sound turned up it will yell out your 3 selected metrics. I have been using carry, spin and ball speed or clubhead speed. With how inconsistent I’m hitting the ball the metric that I’m seeing to be most indicative of a good strike is apex height. For the next few sessions the metrics I’m going to watch are carry distance, apex height and side carry. One of the few knocks on the mlm2 is how few datapoints it shows at one time. I would be very happy if it would display more metrics on each shot. Something more like the 2 column layout of the full swing kit app I think would be a big improvement.

I can think of a lot better things to do with your time now that you have one. 😆
I cannot wait to get my setup in my new house so I can just walk out to the garage now. I fricking hate that both of my garages are jam packed with S$H( and I have to go to the range and hit crap balls.

I cannot wait to get my setup in my new house so I can just walk out to the garage now. I fricking hate that both of my garages are jam packed with S$H( and I have to go to the range and hit crap balls.
I know I have more than a little extra crap in my space right now too, but I tell myself it's all golf stuff and I don't have any time to hit things/play at home right now anyway. Should slow down by the 4th of July or so and I'll get it set up to just go out the house door and start it to again.

I know I have more than a little extra crap in my space right now too, but I tell myself it's all golf stuff and I don't have any time to hit things/play at home right now anyway. Should slow down by the 4th of July or so and I'll get it set up to just go out the house door and start it to again.
Yeah our house should be done in the next couple weeks with the exception of countertops (bathroom and kitchen) and bathroom sinks, so we will start moving in 1st of June and I should get things settled in my July hopefully. Will definitely be excited to have this setup this winter.

Just picked up one of these and I'm working on my set up now. Quick question:

-What is the consensus on iphone (13 pro) vs. ipad (Air 5th gen)?

I'm streaming to a TV that is setup on the right side for viewing if that makes a difference. I have the iphone but am possibly looking at buying the ipad for running e6. Thanks!

I'm streaming to a TV that is setup on the right side for viewing if that makes a difference. I have the iphone but am possibly looking at buying the ipad for running e6. Thanks!
I mostly use an iPad air 5th Gen (cast to TV or projector) and I've enjoyed that much more than my iphone experiences.

One of the few knocks on the mlm2 is how few datapoints it shows at one time. I would be very happy if it would display more metrics on each shot.
That’s probably my biggest gripe about the MLM2 because it would be so easy to fix. That and a 3D practice area - combine the range and practice and don’t differentiate between the 2. Displaying additional metrics when there is ample space to do so shouldn’t take any effort at all. I understand that adding features is another level of effort, but to just display what’s already being captured? Jeez. The user experience is just so clunky and it doesn’t need to be that way.

I typically use my iPad (don’t know the generation but it’s old), but that means I have to bring one of my mesh wifi “pucks” outside to make sure I have a good signal. I’ll use my Samsung phone if I don’t want to deal with that, but it’s pretty difficult to see that screen without picking up the phone. If your iPad doesn’t have cellular and your WiFi is spotty in your hitting area, that might steer your to the phone, especially if you can connect it to the TV.

That’s probably my biggest gripe about the MLM2 because it would be so easy to fix. That and a 3D practice area - combine the range and practice and don’t differentiate between the 2. Displaying additional metrics when there is ample space to do so shouldn’t take any effort at all. I understand that adding features is another level of effort, but to just display what’s already being captured? Jeez. The user experience is just so clunky and it doesn’t need to be that way.
The range is nicer. It also uses a lot more resources than the practice. I see a strong argument for keeping the lighter weight practice mode. Running on older hardware, not projecting to a screen or streaming to a tablet, or actually being at the driving range and you just care about the numbers.

The lack of reporting in range mode is bizarre and not showing more than 3 or 4 numbers at a time is silly. Rapsodo does seem to care and are actively working on making the software better so I'm hopeful we will see these things made better sooner rather than later.

Rapsodo does seem to care and are actively working on making the software better so I'm hopeful we will see these things made better sooner rather than later.
Yeah, but I would have thought they would have addressed the user interface much sooner. I know they had the disconnect issues that needed to be fixed first, which they took care of, for the most part. It’s still more finicky than the other launch monitors I tried out. The only thing they’ve changed with the range was to add a skyline and a user defined target area, but that target can’t be less than 50 yards. Why they imposed an artificial limit is beyond me - I was looking forward to having a chipping target. I don’t think they’ve added anything to the practice area. But as you say, if you only care about the numbers, they’re accessible, even if you have to navigate to get them. And you always have the E6 practice areas, which are much nicer. Just no video or data capture.

Yeah, but I would have thought they would have addressed the user interface much sooner. I know they had the disconnect issues that needed to be fixed first, which they took care of, for the most part. It’s still more finicky than the other launch monitors I tried out. The only thing they’ve changed with the range was to add a skyline and a user defined target area, but that target can’t be less than 50 yards. Why they imposed an artificial limit is beyond me - I was looking forward to having a chipping target. I don’t think they’ve added anything to the practice area. But as you say, if you only care about the numbers, they’re accessible, even if you have to navigate to get them. And you always have the E6 practice areas, which are much nicer. Just no video or data capture.
I do prefer that they are working on the bigger problems that are going to make the sim functional. They have a lot of places where small tweaks could result in big wins for the users too.

Okay new complaint. Just tried the speed training mode. Just a ton of no reads. It seems to have a very small area that it will pick up the stick going through the impact zone. It misses what I think was my fastest swing of the session.

My earlier post about having it display carry, apex height and yards off line helped a lot. 2 of the dispersion circles were nice and tight. My 4h I was just spraying all over the world. Leaving the face wide open and hitting 25-40 yard pushes.

With work craziness and end of year testing haven't had much time to hit in the garage but with summer coming should be heavily back on it.

I do prefer that they are working on the bigger problems that are going to make the sim functional. They have a lot of places where small tweaks could result in big wins for the users too.
Yes, and I totally get that. I’m not much of a sim player, so those improvements were kinda lost on me. But I can understand how improving the sim courses with elevation would have a lot of appeal for those that play them.

I actually sold my MLM2 on eBay today. The upshot is that it holds its value incredibly well. I bought an open box unit that had a full warranty and included the year’s subscription. Sold it for exactly what I paid for it a year ago. I knew I wasn’t going to renew the subscription without a much better app and really hadn’t been using it lately. I was able to get my gapping and also was able to ID a swing issue with the video, so it served it’s purpose.

I used mine at the range tonight as the cloudy evening made it hard to visually track the balls. I love that you see the shot tracer and carry distance.

Back