PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

Little 10k(ish) matchup and looked like this one was a bit lower launch and spin, and near the straightest. Pretty expected results on all of them there actually from what I've seen.

Surprised to see the PXG 0311 do as well as it did.

Im still super impressed with how straight this driver is.

I think the fact that that these are hard to close may actually be big benefit to me. Hoping to demo one on the course

Little 10k(ish) matchup and looked like this one was a bit lower launch and spin, and near the straightest. Pretty expected results on all of them there actually from what I've seen.
While I haven't tried the Mizuno nor the PXG, I know between the Qi10 Max and the Ping 10K, even lofting up to 12* in the Ping I felt like the spin was on the low side for me. Whenever I did a head to head test, I would seemingly hit 4 good ones with the TM and 1 clunker. With the Ping it was more flip flopped. It took my best shot with the Ping to meet the avg with the TM. I feel like the Ping is more for the faster swinger that needs forgiveness and lower spin and perhaps the TM benefits somebody like me around that 90-ish mph swing that needs a little more spin plus the help (I am usually a low spinner low launcher of the ball).

Being a Ping guy I really wanted to love the 10k, but had better luck with the 430 max. But the TM has worked so well for me in my testing that I ended up pulling the trigger.

While I haven't tried the Mizuno nor the PXG, I know between the Qi10 Max and the Ping 10K, even lofting up to 12* in the Ping I felt like the spin was on the low side for me. Whenever I did a head to head test, I would seemingly hit 4 good ones with the TM and 1 clunker. With the Ping it was more flip flopped. It took my best shot with the Ping to meet the avg with the TM. I feel like the Ping is more for the faster swinger that needs forgiveness and lower spin and perhaps the TM benefits somebody like me around that 90-ish mph swing that needs a little more spin plus the help (I am usually a low spinner low launcher of the ball).

Being a Ping guy I really wanted to love the 10k, but had better luck with the 430 max. But the TM has worked so well for me in my testing that I ended up pulling the trigger.

I have remained with the 430Max/TPT Combo. I find the 430Max forgiving, straight enough, high enough, and long enough. Mine is at 9 degrees with the low kick TPT. May go to 10 when I see what it does with real balls, not range rocks. No problems squaring it up. And I am just a 90 something club speed guy although after changing my swing, I haven't checked it yet.

Just can't get myself to spend $599 for something that may set me back.

Good luck.

Driver is really working well for a 3/4 swing little fade I like to play about 4 times per round.

Back