Official Rant of the Day

My debit card got a fraud hit for over $2600.00 last night :mad: :mad: :mad: and now I have to wait until the amount clears to dispute the charge. Who knows how that will go.

Apparently someone is taking a flight some where with Delta on my money. This is a new card (only had it about 6 weeks) and I can count on 1 hand the number of times it has been processed without being in my hand. Twice were at a local pizza place we frequent often and another pizza place last month. On top of it I have to pay for a new fence and it is just a little bit more than the fraud charge so I really need that money.

I have learned a lesson though. My debit card will never be taken from my hands again. I will use a credit card for places that have to take my card out of my sight and just pay that amount the same day or week.

My debit card got a fraud hit for over $2600.00 last night :mad: :mad: :mad: and now I have to wait until the amount clears to dispute the charge. Who knows how that will go.

Apparently someone is taking a flight some where with Delta on my money. This is a new card (only had it about 6 weeks) and I can count on 1 hand the number of times it has been processed without being in my hand. Twice were at a local pizza place we frequent often and another pizza place last month. On top of it I have to pay for a new fence and it is just a little bit more than the fraud charge so I really need that money.

I have learned a lesson though. My debit card will never be taken from my hands again. I will use a credit card for places that have to take my card out of my sight and just pay that amount the same day or week.
It's a damn shame that's what it's come to but I've started doing the exact same. Hopefully it's a quick process for you!

That's the worst. Good learning though, use the CC for those other things where it's out of hand. Obviously with skimmers and such it can still happen even in hand but it's far less likely and less hassle.

I hate getting a Level I tech, who's just reading from a script and assuming you're the lowest common denominator. I start telling them "I've already done that. I've already done that. I've already done that too". Once they run out of recommendations from the script in front of them, they're clueless and will hopefully elevate you to somebody who actually knows something about something.

Yeah, I've gone through that too... so I'll tell them "did it already" even if I didn't because I need to speak to a Tier 3 tech...

One time I had to call in a service repair for my laptop (provided by work with 24 hour on site service). And the level 1 tech was running their checklist... "let me stop you there. I need on site service. I need a new card reader."

"have you rebooted the machine?"

"On site service tech please. Rebooting will not remove the dime that is stuck in the smart card reader." :ROFLMAO:

I called internet provider for the condo my wife owns before we rented to a travel nurse. The equipment was surely faulty. They wanted to charge for a tech to come out because all the "solutions" weren't working over the phone. I said wait a minute. I am missing a day of work and pay (not really, I am salary) and this is your equipment that is screwing up. And you gonna charge me?

I called internet provider for the condo my wife owns before we rented to a travel nurse. The equipment was surely faulty. They wanted to charge for a tech to come out because all the "solutions" weren't working over the phone. I said wait a minute. I am missing a day of work and pay (not really, I am salary) and this is your equipment that is screwing up. And you gonna charge me?
So, what did they end up doing?

So, what did they end up doing?
Came out, tested their stuff, saw it was faulty, and replaced it. No charge. Had a similar dealing with Dish Network. The friend of ours that passed away, I took the box, the cables, and remote and told his family I would take care of it and send it back. I called them and explained. They said the balance on the account was like $200+. I said wait a minute, my name is no way related to that account. I am just trying to do the right thing and send the equipment back to you all. The rep said that there would be a $20 return fee on the equipment. I said I tell you what. I will set that sh!t on the curb, and you can come and get it. If it gets rained on or stolen, I don't give a damn. It is still sitting in my office.

Callaway screwed up with the shaft I thought I was buying.

They listed a LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4, which I purchased. Yesterday I got a discontinued LIN-Q Purple.

I'm pretty disappointed but will be sending it back for a refund.

Have you ever been looking forward to a particular item from a particular restaurant, and then not been able to get it when you go there? Am I wrong for letting this pile onto the hundred other small annoyances caused by outside factors and put me into a sh***y mood? You'd think they were all conspiring against me.

The hydraulic cylinder on my chair has said "F it." I can raise the seat to my desired level and in less than 2 minutes it's at the bottom. Ugh. It's aggravating as can be. I guess I'll bring a cushion tomorrow.

Amazon can get me one Tuesday. The office supply store in town (thanks for leaving, Office Depot) says it can get me one by Monday.

The hydraulic cylinder on my chair has said "F it." I can raise the seat to my desired level and in less than 2 minutes it's at the bottom. Ugh. It's aggravating as can be. I guess I'll bring a cushion tomorrow.

Amazon can get me one Tuesday. The office supply store in town (thanks for leaving, Office Depot) says it can get me one by Monday.
My old home office chair did that, such a little thing that can be so freaking aggravating. It just gave me an excuse to buy a new chair rather than a replacement cylinder, I hated that chair anyway.

My old home office chair did that, such a little thing that can be so freaking aggravating. It just gave me an excuse to buy a new chair rather than a replacement cylinder, I hated that chair anyway.
I like the chair and it's only 3 years old which is kind of a record for me. So, I'll replace it and see what happens. But, yeah it's aggravating AF.

I have so much to do in May that I’m not sure when or if I can get back to GolfTec for another lesson. WTF have I done.

Dryer is not drying....hmmmmm....brand new dryer and has been fine for the last 8 months. Go outside and see a piece of the vent either came off or was pecked off. Take the vent cover off and of course there's a birds nest inside. Now I have to take the inside pipe off and clean it out. Sadly as I take the inside pipe off, 2 birds eggs dropped in the sink.

So I cleaned it all out but now need a new outside vent and inside pipe. Just so all know, I am not the handiest guy 😆. Off to lowes I go......

To be continued

My Sciatica has kicked up on my left side and now my knee is killing me. I really wanted to play 1 of my 2 days off and now I am probably not playing either one.
Getting old sucks!

President Biden will give a speech tomorrow two blocks from my work. The bridge is closed. Traffic will be an absolute nightmare. I hope they cancel my afternoon classes.

President Biden will give a speech tomorrow two blocks from my work. The bridge is closed. Traffic will be an absolute nightmare. I hope they cancel my afternoon classes.
Do not wait for others to cancel, just cancel yourself, problem solved. 👌

Back