Garage Simulator Crew

Have folks found it to be a problem when your hitting mat is signifcantly higher than your bounce-back mat? I don't think it's a major issue for sim putting - yeah, the ball will fall off a cliff on the way to the screen, but the LM would have already read the putt so it wouldn't matter. My hitting mat (SigPro Softy) is 2.5" tall and my bounce-back turf and underlying exercise mat will be about 1" tall or a little less.

However, if I wanted to cut holes near the corners of the screen and do practice putting, I'd have to either jack the bounce-back mat up, or move forward past the hitting mat. Then again, I might want to move forward anyhow so I'm always putting on one consistent piece of turf.

Secondly, the big lip would prevent balls from coming all the way back to me on the hitting mat. That may be a good thing too though because it means they won't potentially roll off the matt behind me.

Any thoughts appreciated.
I don't have a bounce back mat, just artificial turf in front of my SigPro softy. I like that it is higher as it will prevent balls from just running over my hitting mat and out the garage door. I never really worry about the putting because as you mentioned the putt has already been picked up.

I don't have a bounce back mat, just artificial turf in front of my SigPro softy. I like that it is higher as it will prevent balls from just running over my hitting mat and out the garage door. I never really worry about the putting because as you mentioned the putt has already been picked up.

Well, bounce-back mat is what I'm calling the piece of artificial turf (putting turf actually) between the screen and the hitting mat. I am putting some exercise mat under mine for extra cushion, but that's obviously optional. Appreciate the feedback.

Well, bounce-back mat is what I'm calling the piece of artificial turf (putting turf actually) between the screen and the hitting mat. I am putting some exercise mat under mine for extra cushion, but that's obviously optional. Appreciate the feedback.
Once I arrange my space in the garage I will most likely add the exercise mats underneath. You could cut out holes in the corner for putting practice but I would just say use that section and not try to make it the same height. Personally I like the lip stopping balls from running all over the place. Note I’m using just a net at the moment so bounce back isn’t as drastic as it will be with an impact screen.

Back