Search results for query: *

1. Keith Prater

Team Titleist Event in Birmingham, AL June 5

I’m considering entering this event if I can find a partner. I’m around a 19 handicap so our chances of winning wouldn’t be very high but it would be awesome to play the event...
  2. Keith Prater

Best Wireless Grill Thermometer?

I've been using the Meater Block for a year or so now and I want to try something that has better range, or will stay connected to WiFi so I can check the meat and grill temp if I need to leave the house to run a few errands. What is everyone using?
  3. Keith Prater

WTB: Srixon ZX5 AW Approach Wedge in New Condition

Looking for a Srixon ZX5 Approach wedge. Would like a new one but will consider one unused in mint condition.
  4. Keith Prater

Taking my son on our first "golf trip"

Work has had me so busy this year that I decided to surprise my 7 year old with his first "golf trip." We're going to ride up near Atlanta and play The Frog on December 27th and 28th. We have an afternoon tee time and a morning tee time the next day. We only planned one night but he's already...
  5. Keith Prater

Need Pants Recommendations

Im not exactly a skinny guy, but I wouldn’t consider myself large either. I’ve had a few beers in my life and my belly shows it. Can anyone recommend pants that are comfortable but don’t force me to pull them up to the top of my hips so theres not a ton of extra space in the seat. I bought a...
  6. Keith Prater

Heading to South Korea for 3 weeks

I’m not real sure I’ll get to play around because I’m going for business, plus the price of golf is high in South Korea. But does anyone know of any good golf related places (stores, something similar to Top Golf, etc) that would be cool to visit?
  7. Keith Prater

If you’re thinking about grtting a wedge fitting…

Do it. First round with the Vokey’s and much improved ball contact and turf interaction. Dialing in the right bounce and grind for your game does so much for confidence. I felt like I could do what I was trying to do, especially 50-75 yards out.
  8. Keith Prater

Looser fitting lightweight hoodies and quarter zips

I’m curious if anyone can recommend a looser fitting lightweight golf hoodie or quarter zip. I’ve put on a little weight so I’m looking for something that’s a little more comfortable to play golf in and wear casually.
  9. Keith Prater

Men’s iron heads vs. women’s weights

My daughter is 13 and playing a standard length set of women’s irons. They’re a set of Ram clubs my wife bought several years ago. currently they’re serving their purpose, but if she continues to improve, I’d like to upgrade her irons. I’m considering putting a lighter ladies flex shaft into my...
  10. Keith Prater

WTB Titleist TS2 2 hybrid 17 degree

Looking for a Titleist TS2 2 hybrid, 17 degree in mint, or near mind condition.
  11. Keith Prater

Kids golf clubs on clearance at Sam’s

Waiting to have a tire repaired this morning, I was walking around the store and noticed this. If you have a child looking to get into golf, this is a good deal.
  12. Keith Prater

Oakley Radarlock Path

I love these sunglasses but I need a prescription lens. Oakley embeds the prescription lens into the sunglass lens. Does anyone own these with a prescription? Curious as to what they look like before I order.
  13. Keith Prater

If you switched from the Pro V1 or V1X to the AVX…

Why, and what has been the most noticeable difference? I’ve been playing the V1 and want a softer ball with all of the same benefits of the V1 and V1X. Just ordered a dozen AVX, but I’m just curious at what other THPer’s are seeing out of this ball.
  14. Keith Prater

Parents of junior golfer, need advice.

We just moved to a new area and are struggling to find a place to play golf with my 7 year old son who is a junior golfer. We’ve had some horrible experiences getting paired with people that had no interest in playing with a 7 year old and made it difficult. We ended up joining a private club...
  15. Keith Prater

Outdoor simulator setups

I’m interested to see what other THPer’s outdoor simulator setups look like. We’re moving into a new house in a few months and I’m thinking of going with an outdoor setup for my Launch Pro this time. I’d like to see how others have gotten creative with this.
  16. Keith Prater

Great round today in Savannah!

@IntheBunker and I got a chance to meet and play Crosswinds Golf Club this morning! The course had some wet spots from all the rain we’ve had lately and the greens were punched recently, but overall, Crosswinds has a great layout!
  17. Keith Prater

GA/SC THPer golf outing at Mount Vintage 6/17/2023

We had a great outing today at Mount Vintage Golf Club in North Augusta, SC today. The course has some beautiful views, fast greens, and a challenging layout. Thanks to @will for setting this up. @Browndog, @Kruz88, @Tee1Up (and son), and myself had a great time. We’ll definitely be doing this...
  18. Keith Prater

WTB Arccos MCC Plus 4 Midsize grip

Looking for a single Arccos grip. The Arccos Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Grip. Prefer to have a sensor installed but if not, I’ll take just the grip.
  19. Keith Prater

Pro V1 vs. Pro V1X durability

I just started playing the latest Pro V1 and everything has been great about the ball, but I scuff it with my 60* wedge. It actually leaves a white mark on my wedge. In your experience with the latest versions, is the V1X any more durable than the V1?
Back