Recent content by Mark_UK

1. Mark_UK

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Damn annoying. 2 clubs I can’t remove from my bag. My old Ping Driver (the D tag broke which is why my new driver has a 3W tag) and the LW (which was some random driver that I’ve never even heard of let alone owned. I was hoping editing the club may allow me to remove it but nope). Also noticed...
  2. Mark_UK

How many times have you changed your grip?

Never. Pretty much everyone played with an overlap when I started. It was by far the most common grip. Tiger playing with an interlocking grip made it much more popular.
  3. Mark_UK

Do you think a milled putter is better for distance control than an insert?

Nope! Just player preference. Always went for a milled face until I finally found an insert I liked.
  4. Mark_UK

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

I was fit into my irons 1/2 short as I saw much better strikes in the center of the face. If the same thing was the case for my driver, I’d have no hesitation in going to a shorter length. My driver fitting the other week put me into a 45.5” shaft.
  5. Mark_UK

Where have you played which totally caught you by surprise?

Local course to me. Pasadera. Heard some horror stories about it, especially when I t was a Nicklaus club. I believe it nearly went bust. Played it a few month ago expecting little, it was one of the last courses to cross off my list in the area. Turned out to be a fantastic course in great...
  6. Mark_UK

Flip flops

Are they not the same as loafers just with those little buckle things on? I don’t wear those either. Or loafers. Or espadrilles LOL. I did buy my first pair of boat shoes for my holiday this year. A boat shoe / trainer hybrid type thing which I didn’t actually mind too much, but the trainer is...
  7. Mark_UK

Flip flops

Trainers, boat shoes, loafers, espadrilles………
  8. Mark_UK

Flip flops

No flip flop has ever touched any part of my body.
  9. Mark_UK

Lack Of Public Golf Options

Still have public options by me, but the cost is rocketing and you have to jump in quick if you want a decent tee time. It completely sucks, especially as there are ZERO even remotely affordable options around for private membership!
  10. Mark_UK

2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

Spurs fans completely deserve their dusty underused trophy cabinet! I cannot get my head around wanting to lose with a place in the champions league at stake. As a Villa fan, I want to see City win, but a Spurs fan wanting a city win just beggars belief. I hope they lose and Arsenal go on to win...
  11. Mark_UK

Ideal Loft

So this is just my opinion, but if you go onto any manufacturer website, there will nearly always be a get fit option. If you click it and put in your zip code, it will show all the fittings coming up in your area. All the big manufacturers tour around doing club fittings. So let’s say you have...
  12. Mark_UK

Fit or Fitted - A poll

I have always been fit into my clubs. Never fitted. It doesn’t sound right to me.
  13. Mark_UK

Ideal Loft

Go on the manufacturers websites and check their fittings. I can’t recommend the PXG fittings enough and they are only $25. Also Callaway are doing the rounds by me at the minute, so if you have some local courses nearby, you may want to check. If you go with a manufacturer, you are obviously...
  14. Mark_UK

2023 - 2024 Soccer Thread

Note to self! When you are watching the game at work, don’t turn the game off to do some work when your team are 2 down with 8 to play!!!
  15. Mark_UK

Any motorcycle owners out there?

It’s utterly ridiculous that California is the only state that allows it. You got to have your wits about you at all times, and don’t ride like a twat whilst doing it (like I see a few people do unfortunately), but I’d much rather make my chances moving through traffic than sitting stationary in...
Back