Recent content by JohnSinVA

1. JohnSinVA

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You Are Headed to the Finale

Congratulations gentlemen! This should be a blast to follow, let alone be a part of.
  2. JohnSinVA

Do you think a milled putter is better for distance control than an insert?

For me it’s feel. With a lighter putter I feel like I need to swing harder than I do and wind up sending putts way past. When I got fit into the Array I wound up with the heaviest head configuration plus an additional 50g counterweight in the grip end. That gave me the best speed control...
  3. JohnSinVA

Do you think a milled putter is better for distance control than an insert?

I think weight has more bearing on distance control than face type. At least it did in my case.
  4. JohnSinVA

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

The easiest way to decide is to grip down a bit on your current setup and play it a while. There will be some loss of CHS but finding the center of the face more often should improve smash factor and mitigate distance loss. I play standard length but will grip down some for a fairway finder or...
  5. JohnSinVA

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You Won a Trip Courtesy of UST Mamiya

Congratulations gents! Enjoy that magic Danny Le will work on your long game.
  6. JohnSinVA

The 2024 SkyTrak Experience: Preview & Odds

I think @PE has had some time for rest and recuperation, and is primed to come back with a vengeance.
  7. JohnSinVA

What club?

Fairway wood or 4i. Most courses I play locally I don’t really need them.
  8. JohnSinVA

WWYO: Eternal Sunshine Cafe

Biscuit and gravy with eggs over easy. Fruit for the side and a short stack of cinnaswirl pancakes.
  9. JohnSinVA

When do you most often purchase new golf equipment.?

After spending some time in the forums?
  10. JohnSinVA

Woodworking / Furniture Building

You didn’t. Been holding out on us.
  11. JohnSinVA

GOLFTEC OptiMotion During the PGA Championship

This will be interesting to see. Thank suspect we’ll see some differences between players that come pretty close to convergence as they approach impact.
  12. JohnSinVA

My Cousin Vinny Fries

Don’t need the Mac and cheese. Otherwise I’m all in.
  13. JohnSinVA

Lack Of Public Golf Options

If we do that they’ll sell off the courses to build houses.
  14. JohnSinVA

Lack Of Public Golf Options

Not quite to that degree but we have lost some courses to development in my roughly 30 minutes drive radius. We were close to losing 3 more to new development but zoning was denied. It’s only a matter of time there, I’m afraid, before a more friendly board approves the development plan. To the...
  15. JohnSinVA

Really Good Range Session Question

Seeing which club misbehaves or running out of balls. Hopefully the latter.
Back