Recent content by El Rayo X

1. El Rayo X

Scotland in May '24

Well, today was just stunning: Cruden Bay. 86… never made a putt, but I could have been distracted by the scenery.
  2. El Rayo X

Scotland in May '24

Had a good run of weather here, played Tain on Tuesday eve after a stop at the Glenmorangie distillery. Fun course, but kinda muni greens. Gus in the pro shop was very nice, and fun to to talk to. I‘m playing Cruden Bay this afternoon, then Stone Haven on Saturday maybe. In Aberdeen for ’til...
  3. El Rayo X

Scotland in May '24

Played Golspie today. Back nine,wind came up hard off the sea. 13-15 bogey, double, triple…lol. 16,17,18- Bogey, Bogey, triple 39/46=85….but just look at the course for $65—-
  4. El Rayo X

The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

5. El Rayo X

Scotland in May '24

Wife surprised me and suggested I play Tain today, after a tour of the nearby Glenmorangie Distillery. shot 81 In a light rain less wind than yesterday. Not so stiff, especially after a few samples from the distillery 😎
  6. El Rayo X

Scotland in May '24

In my defense, I have been spending a lot of time driving around for the past 9-10 days, so I‘m a bit stiff..
  7. El Rayo X

Scotland in May '24

Played Royal Dornach today. 15-20 mph wind. 56* out and an incoming tide. It kicked my A$$. Just over 6200yrds Only 2 pars. Number 2 was a beast at 184yd, dead into the wind. Took a 7 there. Tough hole! Find it on YT. Guy in the restaurant told me his buddy who’s a scratch took a 23 on that hole...
  8. El Rayo X

Shaft weight

As I‘ve aged I’ve moved lighter through the bag. Seem‘s to have helped once I adjust. I find I’m very tempo dependent these days.
  9. El Rayo X

Tour Event 2024 Wells Fargo Championship

And then miss as many greens as he does with wedges 😂
  10. El Rayo X

Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

Ever since “Playing Through” started a few years ago, I can barely watch.
  11. El Rayo X

Tour Event 2024 Wells Fargo Championship

Xander once again can’t do the weekend.
  12. El Rayo X

Well, this is sobering……

Well, I had a hard time keeping a persimmon driver in play. Modern ( since mid 90’s) no problem! probably cut 8 shots of my score
  13. El Rayo X

What golf stuff did you buy today?

I’m here now and it raining….😉
  14. El Rayo X

Who is your sports villain…???

Bill Laimbeer Back when I actually paid any attention to the NBA.
  15. El Rayo X

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I go back and forth between the standard Paradym and my Rogue ST LS. Same Ventus TR Red or Devotion the Rogue LS is longer by maybe 10 yard, but the Paradym is definitely straighter/ more forgiving, just don’t get the roll. I’d like to spend a couple of weeks with the AI Smoke 3 D, because when...
Back