Garage Simulator Crew

Have folks found it to be a problem when your hitting mat is signifcantly higher than your bounce-back mat? I don't think it's a major issue for sim putting - yeah, the ball will fall off a cliff on the way to the screen, but the LM would have already read the putt so it wouldn't matter. My hitting mat (SigPro Softy) is 2.5" tall and my bounce-back turf and underlying exercise mat will be about 1" tall or a little less.

However, if I wanted to cut holes near the corners of the screen and do practice putting, I'd have to either jack the bounce-back mat up, or move forward past the hitting mat. Then again, I might want to move forward anyhow so I'm always putting on one consistent piece of turf.

Secondly, the big lip would prevent balls from coming all the way back to me on the hitting mat. That may be a good thing too though because it means they won't potentially roll off the matt behind me.

Any thoughts appreciated.
I don't have a bounce back mat, just artificial turf in front of my SigPro softy. I like that it is higher as it will prevent balls from just running over my hitting mat and out the garage door. I never really worry about the putting because as you mentioned the putt has already been picked up.

I don't have a bounce back mat, just artificial turf in front of my SigPro softy. I like that it is higher as it will prevent balls from just running over my hitting mat and out the garage door. I never really worry about the putting because as you mentioned the putt has already been picked up.

Well, bounce-back mat is what I'm calling the piece of artificial turf (putting turf actually) between the screen and the hitting mat. I am putting some exercise mat under mine for extra cushion, but that's obviously optional. Appreciate the feedback.

Well, bounce-back mat is what I'm calling the piece of artificial turf (putting turf actually) between the screen and the hitting mat. I am putting some exercise mat under mine for extra cushion, but that's obviously optional. Appreciate the feedback.
Once I arrange my space in the garage I will most likely add the exercise mats underneath. You could cut out holes in the corner for putting practice but I would just say use that section and not try to make it the same height. Personally I like the lip stopping balls from running all over the place. Note I’m using just a net at the moment so bounce back isn’t as drastic as it will be with an impact screen.

The lower height shouldn't be an issue at all. I just throw some puzzle mats in front of mine. When I get a screen and projector I'll probably just keep the puzzle mats or use some artificial turf with nothing under it.

Waiting patiently for a legit GSPro option for the ST+ or the update to E6. Can someone PM me that has done the work around for GSPro/ST+?

Waiting patiently for a legit GSPro option for the ST+ or the update to E6. Can someone PM me that has done the work around for GSPro/ST+?
GSPro works fine for me on ST+. Instructions in the SGT discord. I don't USE the putting since i do auto-putt, but rarely have any issues with reads. Big thing is if you want to use GSPro/OpenSky you have to run ST+ software in Administrator, if you only want to use ST+ then do NOT open as Admin. Happy to help however I can.

GSPro works fine for me on ST+. Instructions in the SGT discord. I don't USE the putting since i do auto-putt, but rarely have any issues with reads. Big thing is if you want to use GSPro/OpenSky you have to run ST+ software in Administrator, if you only want to use ST+ then do NOT open as Admin. Happy to help however I can.
Yeah, had all that and appreciate it. I'll PM some questions as it's not an approved add-on yet.

Ok...other than hanging a projector when the mount comes in this weekend, it's done.

IMG_1065.jpeg

beautiful happy endings GIF

While the hitting mat is at 10 feet, I may have to move it forward to 8-feet. I know 10 is recommended, but I'm a tiny bit concerned about hitting wedges. Like most mid-handicap amateurs I don't get tons of shaft lean and launch my wedges more at like 40-45 degrees rather than the 25-30 that good players launch. It also would give me more room behind for filming my swing.

Ok...other than hanging a projector when the mount comes in this weekend, it's done.

View attachment 9262675

While the hitting mat is at 10 feet, I may have to move it forward to 8-feet. I know 10 is recommended, but I'm a tiny bit concerned about hitting wedges. Like most mid-handicap amateurs I don't get tons of shaft lean and launch my wedges more at like 40-45 degrees rather than the 25-30 that good players launch. It also would give me more room behind for filming my swing.
Having the hitting strip at 8-10' (front to back)on mine is the sweet spot. Usually place ball around 9' and can move forward on strip closer to 8' if using a high lofted wedge. You are correct at being 10' away the wedges my "escape".

Looks awesome!

View attachment 9262675

That looks awesome! I must have missed it…what set up did you go with for the enclosure?

View attachment 9262675

looking good GIF

That looks so good!

That looks awesome! I must have missed it…what set up did you go with for the enclosure?

8x10.5. Thought about going bigger, but glad I didn't. I barely had enough space for this one.

View attachment 9262675

Waynes World Thumbs Up GIF

20240503_085523.jpg

Interesting and good to know when I finally upgrade. Have a great time at "The Experience" you guys are very lucky!

View attachment 9262675

looks great!!!!

Oh man, it sucks learning something for the first time.

I may have the wrong projector. My throw distance is significantly behind me. I didn't think it mattered because this was the projector recommended and I thought it was high enough to be shooting over my head. Nope, instant shadow. I'm not sure even at the minimum throw distance it's going to be close enough to above me, and it certainly won't be if I move my hitting mat forward.

Hopefully I can make some adjustments and make it work so I'm not stuck trying to sell a brand new projector as used and taking a bath. This could be a very costly lesson.

Oh man, it sucks learning something for the first time.

I may have the wrong projector. My throw distance is significantly behind me. I didn't think it mattered because this was the projector recommended and I thought it was high enough to be shooting over my head. Nope, instant shadow. I'm not sure even at the minimum throw distance it's going to be close enough to above me, and it certainly won't be if I move my hitting mat forward.

Hopefully I can make some adjustments and make it work so I'm not stuck trying to sell a brand new projector as used and taking a bath. This could be a very costly lesson.
Bummer but if you can't get it adjusted right do you have the possibility to return or exchange.

Bummer but if you can't get it adjusted right do you have the possibility to return or exchange.

I'm sure I do, minus the hefty "restocking fee."

image.jpg

Spotlight!

Do you think it helps with the ST+?
No, but I can turn off all the other lights. Makes the screen image better. Doesn’t impact the ST+ at all I don’t think. But helps me see around the hitting area to find black tees and not trip over anything as easily lol

Back